When patients suffer from (GERD) chronic gastroesophageal reflux disease that is not well controlled with medications, or where long-term medications are not a viable option, Stretta offers an alternative other than surgery and implants. Stretta is a unique and minimally invasive outpatient procedure that takes about an hour, with patients returning to normal activities within a few days.
• Studies show that Stretta resolves reflux symptoms and improves quality of life
• Stretta reduces medications and acid exposure
• Endoscopic procedure
• More than 37 clinical studies all conclude Stretta is “safe and effective”
• Stretta results are long-lasting, proven effective from 4-10 years
• Treats the underlying cause of GERD not just the symptoms
Stretta is an important part of the continuum of care for patients with chronic GERD and is the ideal “middle therapy” fitting between medicine and surgery, yet not preventing a patient from moving on to more invasive options in the future if necessary.
It is indicated for the 30 percent of chronic GERD patients whose symptoms are not well controlled by medications, or who are concerned about the potential side effects of long-term drug treatment, and surgery.
Stretta therapy significantly reduces GERD symptoms and eliminates or largely decreases use of PPIs. Stretta is an outpatient procedure performed in less than 60 minutes, allowing patients to return to normal activities the following day. Stretta doesn’t require any incisions, stitches or implants.
HOW STRETTA WORKS
The Stretta system delivers radiofrequency (RF) energy to the muscle between the stomach and esophagus, which remodels and improves the muscle tissue, resulting in improved barrier function and fewer reflux events. Stretta treats the underlying problem that may cause GERD without surgery.
RF energy is an energy waveform which is used in many medical specialties.
Clinical trials evaluating the Stretta procedure show:
• Up to 93% patient satisfaction
• 86% of patients remained off daily GERD medications at four years
• 64% of patients remained off daily GERD medications at 10 years
• Has been proven effective in patients with already altered anatomy
– GERD after bariatric procedures
– GERD after anti-reflux surgery
• Improved GERD symptom scores
• Improved quality of life
• Reduced acid exposure
• Regression of esophagitis observed
• An improvement in Extra-esophageal symptoms of GERD
– Coughing, asthma, hoarseness, respiratory and laryngeal symptoms
• A significant reduction in the amount of reflux episodes
• The lowest complication rate of any non-medical treatment for GERD
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT STRETTA AND TO SEE IF YOU ARE A CANDIDATE PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE TOLL FREE AT: 877-659-0011